Longitude: 22.205400° E
A child on a road trip with his family asks, "Where are we?" and the father answers, "Let's check the map. We're off the blue roads [the Interstate Highways marked in blue on the road atlas]. We're off the red roads [the US and state highways]. We're off the black roads [the county highways]. I think we're off the map altogether." It was always my dream to be off the map altogether.
- along a trail through the forest in Estonia, where there were lots of delicious berries and mushrooms and a barn for feeding wild animals in winter
- in a dry meadow of Rocky Oaks Park in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, near one of the tunnels through which Kanan Road passes on its way to Pacific Coast Highway
- in Amsterdam, behind a pizzeria that announced Surinamese food as well and with a menu of pizzas and Greek foods!
- on unimproved land of Utah's Levan Wildlife Management Area, among grass, sagebrush and juniper trees ("I enjoyed the lovely orange glow imparted by the long rays of the setting sun.")
- unreachable in a corn field in Minnesota, which has had plenty of rain and hot and sunny days to make for an excellent growing season
- in Silver Spring, Maryland, across the street from a brick house with red gables and purple trim and near a "Jesus es el Senor" church in an office building
- in the side yard of a small one story blue home in Kansas, along with a trampoline and a boat and trailer
- in Ohio, behind a detached three-bay garage of a house on the shore of Lake Erie
- under a tree in a field near a garage where the owner restores vintage cars, including a 1940 pearl white "souped up" Ford Roadster
- after a 130m bushwhack through old growth forest in Oregon, from where the North Fork of the Breitenbush River can be heard but not seen
- on a small, weed-covered hill along the edge of a Doubletree Hotel's parking lot near San Francisco Airport
- among sagebrush and weeds near an abandoned airport in Roosevelt, Utah
- in a paddock in Sunbury, Victoria, Australia, with a pony and a circular fence enclosing a small sand arena
- and in the village of Duxford, England, very near an attractive little pub with a thatched roof